Spring 2018: Program Overview (Application Closed)
- Program period
- February 8 – February 22, 2018
- Program capacity
- 30 Students
- 1) Applicants should be currently enrolled as a degree-seeking student undergraduate student in a university which has an academic exchange agreement with Nagoya University.
2) Applicants should have an intermediate level of Japanese proficiency (JLPT N2/N3 or CEFR A2/B1).
- Japanese language classes(intermediate)
- Cultural excursions
- Laboratory visits
- Field trips
- Specialized lectures
- Exchange and discussions with Nagoya University students
- Home Visit (Those who would like to request a home visit)
- Japanese company visit
- Nagoya University offers accommodation to all participants
- Participation fee
- 60,000 JPN YEN (includes housing, a part of food expenses and insurance for the period of the program)
*Participants are responsible for travel expenses to/from Nagoya and expenses such as food and daily necessities.
- Submit the following documents through your university office: 1) Application Form, 2) Certificate of Enrollment, 3) Academic Transcripts, 4) Copy of Passport, 5) Japanese Language Learning Questionnaire, 6) Home Visit Application Form (Those who would like to request a home visit)
- Application Period
- September 27 – October 18, 2017
*Although Nagoya University will accept applications during this period, please confirm the internal deadline at your university for when your application should be submitted.
- NUSTEP Office, Nagoya university
Email address: nustep[a]iee.nagoya-u.ac.jp
|Day 1||Day 2||Day 3||Day 4||Day 5||Day 6||Day 7|
|8:45 - 9:00||Housing
|Field Trip||Holiday||Morning Meeting|
|9:00 - 10:30||Japanese 1||Japanese 3||Japanese 5|
|10:45 - 12:15||Placement Test||Japanese 2||Japanese 4||Japanese 6|
|13:15 - 14:45||Campus Guidance||Laboratory Visit /
|Study of Japan 1 (Tradition and Culture)||Study of Japan 2 (Industry in Aichi)|
|15:00 -16:30||Welcome Party|
|Day 8||Day 9||Day 10, 11||Day 12||Day 13||Day 14||Day 15|
|8:45 - 9:00||Morning Meeting||Home Visit
|9:00 - 10:30||Japanese 7||Japanese 9||Japanese 11||Japanese 13||Japanese 15|
|10:45 - 12:15||Japanese 8||Japanese 10||Japanese 12||Japanese 14||Final Exam|
|Lunch break||Closing Ceremony
/ Farewell Party
|13:15 - 14:45||Study of Japan 3 (Monozukuri)||Study of Japan 4 (Modern Society
|Laboratory Visit / Specialized Lecture||Self Study|
About the Program
Classes emphasize intermediate and advanced Japanese-language vocabulary and grammar. After the program, participants should be better prepared for reading about and speaking in Japanese about topics in their academic field of study either at their home institution or at a Japanese university.
Participants will visit laboratories at Nagoya University and speak to students and faculty about their research.
Participants will join workshops on traditional tea ceremony and flower arranging.
Full Access to Nagoya University Facilities
Participants will have access to all Nagoya University facilities, including libraries.
Nagoya University Library: http://www.nul.nagoya-u.ac.jp/index_e.html
Social Events with Nagoya University Students
Participants will meet and talk to Nagoya University students.
NUSTEP will organize short trips for participants to well-known sites inside and outside of Nagoya.
On days with no classes, participants are free to do whatever they wish. In addition to cultural activities and sightseeing, Nagoya offers shopping for both modern and traditional items. Nagoya Station is a transportation hub so participants can conveniently access trains to Tokyo and Kyoto.